Supporting Coffee Growing Communities
Our commitment to improving the lives of farming communities in coffee producing countries can be seen through our continued work on the following projects:
The Atitlan School in Tzanchaj, Guatemala, literally down the slopes where our coffee is grown. Our donations have helped:
- Build additional school classrooms, accommodating more children
- Add more classrooms after a mudslide devastated a neighbor village
- Build a library servicing the students and the entire community
- Create reading and literacy programs
- Improve basic facilities such as bathrooms
- Provide teacher and librarian training
- Fill the library shelves with a wide selection of Spanish books
We continue to support the Guatemalan school and library through a partnership with Child Aid. Now, our Holiday Blend donations help other areas in need.
An orphanage in Tanzania that houses children whose parents died of HIV/AIDS:
Children had to walk or ride bikes for many miles just to get suitable drinking water. With our help, a survey was conducted to see if there was clean water underground and the survey was successful! Working with a church group, we were able to bring clean, safe water to the orphanage and the surrounding community.
The Bwesumbu PEAS High School in Uganda:
Working with The Costa Foundation, we are helping fund a science lab at the Bwesumbu High School as to make a lasting contribution to this rural coffee area. A past Holiday Blend donation of $4,700 went directly to purchase supplies for the new lab!